futurefact works closely with subscribers and opinion leaders:
To track the changes taking place in our society and identify and interpret emerging social, political and economic trends;
To identify target markets and develop appropriate messages and communication strategies;
For new product development, product and brand positioning; product reinvigoration;
To understand consumer attitudes and behaviour;
To inform editorial and communication content and direction.
The contents of each futurefact questionnaire are workshopped with our subscribers and but usually include some of the following:
Social mobility and social class:
- Standard of living compared to parents
- Standard of living of children at your age
- Current social class (self) – Lower/working class, middle class, upper middle class, upper class.
- Parents’ social class at same age
- Indicators of social class
- Membership of groups
- Possibilities of becoming rich
- How people describe themselves, for example, as South Africans, as Africans, by language group, by cultural group, by religion, etc.
Attitudes and feelings towards South Africa
- Confidence levels, pride, involvement, the future, etc.
- Africa and race
- Business and wealth
- Crime and corruption
- Employment and unemployment
- Education and teaching
- Emigration and immigration
- Service delivery
- Risk, financial and social capital / life skills
- Economic facilitators and hindrances
- Unions and labour
Consumer attitudes and beliefs
- Brand and image consciousness and how they relate to behaviour patterns
- Quality of life indicators
Politics and social attitudes
- Socio-political attitudes
- Confidence Levels: Confidence in leaders, organisations and institutions
- Personal level of support for main political parties
- Items in household, cell phone usage, service providers, internet usage etc.
- Usage of social media
- Attitudes to technology
Media - consumption and usage of:
- Cinema, Internet, magazines, newspapers, radio and TV (free-to-air and satellite)
- TV genres and types of movies enjoyed
PLUS extensive personal and household demographics.